Sunday, January 27, 2008

Too many passwords

I made my decision and bought my new computer. And not unlike my last experience with a MAC, I managed, within the first few actions to delete a program. It just went poof and disappeared. The support woman on the phone kept saying, "don't worry, it is there." Alas, it was not there.
Fortunately, it was a trial program so I downloaded it again.

Next came time to check my bank statement. I entered my password and it came up with a security question I never typed in. I was suppose to have a different question and the computer kept tasking me what was the name of the city in which I was married. I would answer and was told I was not being specific enough. It also told me that it did not recognize the computer. OK, let's try it again. And again, And Again. Still, it kept telling me that where I was married was not correct. You have to have a sense of humor. I decided to check into later. I haven't blogged in about a week , so I chose to do this instead of dealing with the bank. 

My new computer has a lot of bells and whistles--as they say. I think perhaps I should get some lessons to learn exactly what this machine can do. Years ago, I had a PC that did all types of fancy stuff for the time. I just used it as a word processor. It was silly not to learn more of the computer. So, here is another pledge for this year. I will learn all the tricks my computer can do and try to utilize them. How? That remains to be seen.

No comments: