Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Inspired: Women Working

I went to a Goddess store this AM to promote my book: Awakening Minerva: The Power of Creativity in Women's Lives and to promote my workshop on creativity. The store owner was a petite, attractive woman with big blue eyes who spoke easily about dance and meditation.

There was a hip hop class going on in the studio as we spoke out in the store. We talked about dancing, about dance and sexual energy, different forms of dance and meditation. We spoke about expanding or releasing one's energy through dance, which entails a connection to that place deep inside of each of us, male or female, that houses the sexual.

As we spoke about these things, I mentioned that I was from a different city-- perhaps 40 , 50 minutes away. She told me about the long distances that other women traveled to take dance
classes at the goddess studio. Different dance classes. I learned that there was one woman, who happened to be from my city, who came to the studio every morning to dance for two hours before she would travel back to do her days work.

She owns her own business and thus can determine when her work day begins. The thought of taking two hours every day to dance before she begins her work is spectacular. What a gift to herself and probably everyone else who works with her including her clients.

That is the point really. If we give ourselves, perhaps better phrased, allow ourselves the time to fulfill our needs physically, emotionally, spiritually, we are always better equipped to deal with the day's challenges. I didn't speak with this woman, she was dancing. But I certainly was inspired by her discipline and her strength to say: this is what I need.

We all need to be inspired. Look around you today and see what messages the universe is providing you.

2 comments:

WaterLearner said...

Nice blog!! Good beginnings!

Hope you would be inspired to write more!!

Blessings!

Linda's musings said...

Hi. Thanks for stopping by. I to can appreciate your journey in this life.
I also adore the water, especially the ocean. It gives me much inner peace to see the waves and hear the strength contained within the movement.

You are a long way from where I sit and write my thoughts, both for myself and for my business. How exciting to connect with someone around the world.